If you upload pictures that you took yourself, use the igem07 tag so that everyone else can find them too.
We are hosting videos of the Jamboree at igem.blip.tv
blogs covering iGEM (email Meagan with more blogs)
- The Scientist scroll down for several blog posts about iGEM and the Jamboree written by Alla Katsnelson.
- Alexis Madrigal at Wired writes about several iGEM 2007 teams as well as the "Adventures in Synthetic Biology" comic book.
- The Proyecto de Bioseguridad Puerto Rico writes about iGEM.
- Jimmy from the UCSF team blogs about his experience.
news articles about iGEM
(email Meagan with news articles that do not appear below)
- UW-Madison: Designer Genes
- University of Glasgow: Student sensor sniffs out danger
- Nexxus Scotland: Student sensor sniffs out danger (2)
- Innovations Report: Student sensor sniffs out danger (3)
- Scottish Bioinformatics Forum: Glasgow team scoop iGEM top environment prize
- Eureka Magazine: Students invent self powered toxic sensor
- Digital Journal: Students Invent Self-Powered Early Warning System To Detect Pollution
- The Chronicle of Higher Education: Students Compete Internationally to Build Biological Organisms From Standard Parts
- Slate: Students from around the world synthesize new forms of life at the iGEM Jamboree
- NY Times: English, Algebra, Phys Ed ... and Biotech
- San Francisco Chronicle: High school biowizards break new ground in winning competition
- Science Daily: Students Devise Novel Way To Detect Urinary Catheter Infections
- Wired.com: Genetic-Engineering Competitors Create Modular DNA Dev Kit
- Genome Technology Online: "We Think of It as the Synthetic Biology Sweatshop"
- Gizmag.com: Self-powered biosensor wins iGEM Environmental award [Glasgow]
- Medical News Today: Young Slovenian Synthetic Biologists Devise A Mutation Independent Defense Against HIV
- Brown Daily Hearald: Students win gold for glowing mold
- Cnews.ca: ButaNerds pumped
- The Brown Daily Herald: Students win gold for glowing mold
- The University of Melbourne Voice: Bioengineering Gold: University of Melbourne students won a team Gold Medal + a category prize at iGEM 2007
- Mississippi Agricultural News: MSU students excel in new scientific field
- The University of Lethbridge: Biochemistry Researcher and iGEM Team Leader Receives Alberta Ingenuity New Faculty Award
- Imperial College London: Going for gold – Imperial students impress judges at genetic engineering competition
- Taipei Times: National Yang Ming University students win science gold
- Davidson: Davidson's Bacterial Computer Wins Gold in Synthetic Bio Competition
- MIT News: Hundreds attend iGem Jamboree
- cogito.org: 2007 iGEM Jamboree
- Marketwire: GENEART Sponsors Winning iGEM Teams
- O'Reilly Radar: Stories we want to see in 2008: iGEM student makes Cellulosic Ethanol breakthrough...
- Daily Princetonian: Cellular warriors: Team develops new approach to fighting breast cancer
- Livemint.com - The Wall Street Journal: Indian students win MIT prize, strike blow for synthetic biology
- The Rolla Daily News: UMR team to develop yeast-cell breathalyzer
- Rice News: Students use designer virus to attack bacterial drug resistance
- University of Alberta Express News: Alberta's ButaNerds iGEM team (w/ video!)
- UCSF Today: UCSF's all-highschool team
- Science Centric: Student sensor sniffs out danger [Glasgow]
- The Paly voice: '07 Paly graduate finalist at MIT biotechnology competition iGEM [UCSF]
There is a short list of igem07-related scientific publications on the Publishing iGEM Projects page.
You can also find a list of news coverage of the iGEM 2006 competition at the iGEM News page of the igem 2006 wiki.