Background & references
This project aims to use light to form a solid fluorescent mass of E. coli where two light beams intersect in a suspension of cells. We've called our building system "Coliforming".
Possible applications in building complex scaffolds in tissue engineering.
The system requires six biological components.
- Red photosensor
- Blue photosensor
- AND gate
- GFP fluorescent reporter
- Promotable surface expression of cadherins
- Gas vesicle expression to produce neutrally bouyant bacteria
High Level System Design
- Induce or constitutively express gas vesicles for neutral bouyancy
- If Red & Blue light detected, then promote adhesion molecules.
- Produced bouyant bacteria biobrick.(Have a look)
- Produced parts of other biological components required.