Journal of Biological Engineering
The Journal of Biological Engineering (JBE) is the official journal of the Institute of Biological Engineering (IBE), and was launched in October 2007.
The editor (Mark Riley) and several members of the editorial board have mentored iGEM teams, and the journal is very interested in publishing iGEM projects that are ready for peer review. Topical areas for the journal include, but are not limited to:
- synthetic biology and cellular design
- engineering of biomolecular and cellular devices
- bioproduction and bioproduct engineering
- ecological and environmental engineering
- biological engineering education and the biodesign process
For the past two years IBE has featured a special iGEM session at its annual meeting, with presentations by 7 to 8 teams. Plans are to include such a session at this years meeting, March 6-9, 2008, in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, with abstracts due Dec. 21. Information about publishing in JBE is at http://www.jbioleng.org/home/, or you can get there through the IBE website at http://www.ibe.org .