Our aim is to make bacteria stick around a bacteria core.
Make a sender, a bacteria core that sends a signal, and a receiver, a bacteria that receive a signal.
Our system works like this: Sender core, which is sticking each other in advance, sends a signal to receivers, which grow stickey tags.
Then they stick together. We use Quorum sensing as a signal.
About Quorum Sensing
Quorum sensing is a cell-to-cell signaling action of bacteria. They detect the cell density of the same species and coordinate the expression behavior of their cells. Species of Gram-Negative signaling transfer molecules (so-called autoinducer) is a series of acyl homoserine lactone (AHL). When the AHL concentration exceeds a threshold, that is, the cell population is over a certain number, the promoter plux transcription is activated.
Detailed gene circuit is discribed in Fig. 2.
- more about quorum sensing
Experiments: New Parts!!
New Parts We Made!!
- AHL > GFP generator (constitutive aiiA) : BBa_T729006
- AHL > GFP & aiiA generator : BBa_I729005
- Sensitive AHL > GFP generator : BBa_I729004
New Parts We Made
- MetK Sender ( could not deposit to registry; sequencing half completed )